Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sunshine Fridge Magnets

Sometimes don't know how ideas pop into my head just know that they do
last night I was on youtube look for storage ideas for spellbinders nestabilities one person used magnet tape and the picture portion of the cardboard that comes with the dies...so I know I have some of that some were so I start looking for it pull out my box of scraps and unused cuts to look in the box I think it's in and no but in that box is a whole stack of fridge magnets and the light bulb went off fridge magnets and scraps......
Karen put them together and turn those ugly old magnets in to something bright and cheery for the fridge in the morning

so here is what I did in just a few minutes all from scraps and cuts I made for who know what but didn't use I added a few buttons and on the first one
used some glossy accents on the suns on the second one stamped the always
because it was the only stamp that fit but I think it's cute added a few liquid pearls and some faux stitching the majority of the papers are from basicgrey

entered in



15 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, what an awesome card you created, very pretty. You did an excellent job! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, bright and cheery! Great way to use the scraps! I probably have 10 pounds of scraps.... :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea. The magnets are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your magnets are so pretty! What a great idea for scraps. TFS and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea! I never thought about making magnets... :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! Just really cute and usable too!
    Cindy Porter
    http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These Frig Magnets are so Creatively wonderful!!!! I would love to have these on my frig...Thanks for sharing them with us at DCD!!! I plan on making magnets for my frig now :o)

    Mistyrose
    Die Cuttin Diva

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Love the bright and cheerful suns. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun project for Summer! Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea, Karen! Love the magnets -- they are so bright and cheery! Thanks for linking up with Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic idea. Love your cards. Thanks for playing along with us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    http://creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These magnets are so awesome, Karen! I love your designs...they are so bright and sunny and the perfect thing to wake up to in the mornings! Fabulous job :D

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. So clever Karen!! Love stories like this.... Great colors! Excellent job my friend! Bravo!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen these are so cute.. I seem to miss your posts everyday. I come on in the morning and you must be posting at night...
    Hugs to you I'm so hooooootttt
    Judy
    ps hope your niece is ok

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen, Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I LOVE what you do here. You are so talented, my goodness. This is a great idea. I love the button on the sun. It is "Brilliant" (no pun intended).

    I'm so glad you visited me. Now I'm your follower too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments